Friday, May 17, 2024

bad habits


bad habits continue
to poison my mind
things are returning
I thought I'd left behind
no questions or answers
no reason or rhyme
no one around to save you
bad habits take time
that could be better spent
earning the money
to pay this month's rent
the way things are going
you'll be living in a tent
nobody to behave to

          I can change, I know I can
          I can change, I know I can

bad habits have got me
afraid of myself
always checking to see
if I'm somebody else
absence of glory
no self-worth or wealth
did I waste all of my time here?
I could if I would
I should set my own self free
claim my stake
in history
working for some
destiny
it's been a long hard climb up here

          I can change, I know I can
          I can change, I know I can


No comments:

Post a Comment