Wednesday, May 8, 2024

I am not hopeless


I'm not as helpless 
as you think I am
I will find my way 
out of this jam
right now things look hopeless
but your eyes deceive you
the only way to cope is
in what you say and do

I am not hopeless
I've known it all along
you may think I'm weak
but I know I am strong
I'll wake up tomorrow
and find a brand new day
trouble may cause sorrow
but I will find a way

          problems may knock 
          hard on my front door
          but they won't possess me 
          like they did before

I am not helpless
I still have my dignity
I have found the courage
hiding deep inside of me
I don't need your worrying
and I don't want your fear
one way or another
I will make it out of here
my persistence is something
I cannot ignore
I am not helpless
anymore 


No comments:

Post a Comment