Monday, May 6, 2024

worried


I am worried
that's what I do
it doesn't matter
if it isn't true
all of the day
and all of the night
I worry about
everything in sight

come the morning
I wake and find
that worrying has
taken over my mind
I'm tense and nervous
and I'm afraid
that my worrying has
to be obeyed

          take your problems
          make them bigger
          out of proportion
          pull the trigger
          take your problems
          make them worse
          is it a blessing
          or a curse?

I worry about
everything I see
with all the strength
inside of me
I know that it does
no damn good
but I still worry
like I think I should

          take your problems
          make them large
          let them know
          they're in charge
          take your problems
          make them devour
          all your hope
          they've got the power

I am worried
I'm in bad shape
it holds me hostage
I can't escape
my worrying knows
how to attack
but one day I
will fight back


No comments:

Post a Comment