Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Change the channel


Man, I can't fuckin' wait until my life gets better. I've been working on it for a while, you know, walking and eating better and writing and practicing guitar and all that kind of good stuff. But sometimes I feel like I'm just getting so impatient.

Well, farmboy, it's hard. You've been working hard and you've made good headway. That's just the way it feels sometimes. You get discouraged but you keep on working and life gets better.

I know, but it sucks and I'm frustrated.

Get your mind on something else, farmboy.

I know. Change the channel, shake the etch-o-sketch. Sleep is good for that. So is reading. I'm, like, 200 and some pages into the new novel by Jonathan Franzen. 

How is it?

It's good. He's so readable. So maybe that's what I'll do tonight. Yeah, read. Or a podcast or something.

At any rate, we're talking about escapism here. And relaxation. Yeah, that's my excuse. I need to relax.

It's true, farmboy. You really do need to relax.

So here's to a night of make-believe. I need it. I've earned it. And I'm taking it.

Don't try to stop me.


No comments:

Post a Comment