Monday, November 12, 2018

crying uncle (rewrite two)


I haven't cried once today
this may be a world record
for a man whose life is troubled by 
a history that's checkered
by mistakes and miscalculations
an endless need to change the station
watch your step, man, goodness gracious
this ain't no push or shove

I haven't been upset today
that's one day in a row, now
but there's one sad thought
I still got
the rest of the day to go, now
give me morphine
give me liquor
anything to numb me quicker
what makes you well
just makes you sicker
it's no substitute for love
let me up, I've had enough
I'm crying uncle
I'm crying uncle

I haven't judged myself today
but I'm setting up the trial
I ain't no fool
I'm discarding rules
and living in denial
every time I give up hoping
I still keep my eyes wide open
it's my peculiar way of coping
I'm packing up my stuff
let me up, I've had enough
I'm crying uncle
I'm crying uncle


No comments:

Post a Comment