Sunday, June 16, 2019

the friendship store 2


I need to buy some friendship
but I can't find a store
it seems that all my old friends
don't want me anymore
they won't take my phone calls
won't write me when I text
they won't meet me for coffee
no wonder I'm depressed

          so I'm looking for the friendship store
          but, alas, to no avail
          but when I walk through its door
          I hope something's for sale

my old friends can't remember
what they ever liked about me
I think they're looking forward
to living life without me
everybody's busy
except me, myself and I
tell me, where does friendship go
when it slithers off to die

          I'm looking for the friendship store
          but I don't see none around
          perhaps I would lighten up
          if I weren't always down

it's okay
I'm used to grieving
go have fun wth your new pals
your future best companions
your favorite guys and gals
you can call me any time
I'm right here at home
while I figure out this modern world
as I sit here all alone

          I'm looking for the friendship store
          bet you can guess the rest
          I'll be looking more and more
          while I get more obsessed
          I'm looking for the friendship store
          bet you can guess the rest
          I'll be looking more and more
          just to find it doesn't exist


No comments:

Post a Comment