Wednesday, January 27, 2021

It's my job to write them down

 

I want to write, but I have nothing to write about. It's been this way for awhile. It's so frustrating. I want to have new songs to play and sing, but nothing is coming. Still, I keep trying. It's hard. I don't know what to do.

You've been writing every day, farmboy?

Every fuckin' day. And what I'm writing absolutely sucks. I've been happy with writing in the recent past. I don't exactly know why writing has become so hard. I mean, they're just words, after all. Words are cheap; you can write as much as you want, you'll never use them up. So I keep writing and I keep writing but I'm not coming up with anything. What can I do?

Well, farmboy, you're still writing. That counts for something. Have you tried not writing?

No. I'm afraid to do that. I fear that once I stop writing, I'll never go back to it. Which is ridiculous. I never take a day off writing or playing. That's what my life is, writing songs. Everything else revolves around that.

It's so sad, you know? There are a lot of things up there is my mind, and it's my job to write them down. I hate it when it becomes a chore, when it becomes work. Writing is a kind of privilege, you know? I consider myself extremely blessed that I was called to do it. And, look, I have music to work with also. And music, that's what I take shelter in. I love being a songwriter.

And you're good at it. This is temporary, farmboy. Don't let it worry you. It's gone away before. It'll come back. I'm sure about that.

Well, I'm glad you are. Deep down inside, I'm sure I feel that way, too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment