Wednesday, June 16, 2021

computer


I'm not a man of fortune
or a man of means
I see my life
on the computer screen
the sky is blue
the grass is green
and everything is fine
I don't go outside
I don't meet with friends
it's happened before
and it's happening again
that feeling I
will never win
is etched upon my mind

why is it so perfect
life on the internet
I used to have hopes and dreams
but lately I forget
I know something will happen
but it hasn't happened yet
and I'm always waiting
real life's a joke
and I am the punchline
point me towards the way
and let's see what I find
the person who I am
is what I want to leave behind
I only want to forget

          it's too damn hard
          being who I am
          if I were you
          I'd finally give a damn
          I find you on my laptop
          I see you on my phone
          I feel fine when I'm online
          this computer is my home


No comments:

Post a Comment