Sunday, December 26, 2021

yesterday is gone


yesterday is gone
never to appear again
so why does it still haunt me
those times of way back when
all those days of long ago
turn around and hurt me so
I've tried my best, but I don't know
the spirit that's inside me

many years have come and gone
but I still remain
you'd think that it would change somehow
but it's all stayed the same
I have tried the best I could
to turn the evil into good
I've done everything I should
and still peace denies me

          I've worked all my life
          and I'm still not done
          I want to be the man
          that I have become

all those days behind me
need to find a place to rest
all my failings remind me
that I have tried my best
all this time and I'm still not done
I'm close now to the setting sun
hoping like I've just begun
I still can't give up
even though I've had enough
yesterday is gone
but I'm still fighting


No comments:

Post a Comment