Wednesday, January 12, 2022

nobody special


I am nobody special
attention is not paid to me
I am so invisible
there is nothing here to see
teachers didn't notice
adults refused to talk to me
silent and obedient were
the only things left to be

          and still I'm here
          knocking on your front door
          I know there must be more
          to the life I lead
          I'm still here
          waiting for something
          settling for nothing
          I am a man in need

I am nobody special
no one knows who I really am
it's like I'm always hidden
behind the ones who can
see themselves in this world
believe they have a right to choose
I'm behind these mental bars
I've tried, but I don't know what to do

          and I'm still here
          waiting at your doorstep
          I can't take one more step
          I'm stuck in place
          and I'm still here
          trying to survive now
          I'm opening my eyes now
          I'm uncovering my face


No comments:

Post a Comment