Friday, November 10, 2023

you can't touch me (rewrite 1)


you can't touch me
I've erased you from my mind
I could search all of my memories
but it's you I cannot find
I've burned all of your letters
thrown your photographs away
your name is strangely absent
from all the words I say 
I have looked inside my soul
and set my own self free
you can't touch me

all your best intentions
won't do you any good
they will not affect me
the way you think they should
your words are all uneven
they disappear like dust
it's the truth -- I thought of you
as someone I could trust
now I believe it's time
for you to let me be 
you can't touch me

          I am someone 
          you will never see again
          I can't believe 
          I considered you a friend

someday in the future
if you should come around
I will keep all I remember
buried underground
and you won't affect me
I will not run in fear
I will only tell myself
that you are not here
a thought of you is only 
a waste of memory
you can't touch me


No comments:

Post a Comment