Tuesday, December 29, 2009

first draft #1


Been writing much?

Man, not like I should. But I do have a new first draft, hot off the press.

I hope it doesn't have cliches like "hot off the press."

Well, that used to be the name of this bluegrass band in Southern California a long time ago.

But anyway, here it is. I hope you like it.

snow


i need it to snow

i need it to snow so hard

that i can’t make it out

of my own front yard

and i can’t go to work

and i can’t go to the store

and i don’t have to face nobody

‘cause i can’t do it any more

i can’t do it any more


i’ve got enough food

i’ve got a little bit of weed

i’ve got a bottle of wine

what else do i need?

i’ve got the internet

and a few dvds

and there is nobody

on this earth i want to see

there is nobody to see


hey world outside my door

don’t make me go out there any more

i don’t want to be rude

i just need some solitude


i need it to snow

i need it to snow so much

so i don’t have to face

any need for a human touch

any need for a kind word

or a helping hand to lend

or an arm over my shoulder

or a lover

or a friend

i can’t go through needing you again


hey world outside my home

would you please remain unknown

i don’t need your smiling face

representing the human race


i need it to snow

i need it to snow and then

i need it to snow some more

so i never see anyone

again


No comments:

Post a Comment