Wednesday, January 17, 2018

blank page


blank page
I ain't afraid of you
sitting there judgemental
like you always do
daring me to write something
heartfelt and honest
like my life has reached a crossroads
and the devil is upon us
there must be 
a hero here among us

blank page
why do you hurt me today
giving me the urge to write
with nothing to say
telling me "go on, create
something heartfelt and honest"
I look at you and all I see
is a broken promise
forgive me if I'm
a doubting Thomas

          blank page
          you must die
          I will fill each empty space
          I'm filled with rage
          here's why
          I resent the way
          you make me look at my own face

blank page
I got a brand new Sharpie pen
I ain't afraid to use it
and I know what, how and when
you dare me to find inside
something heartfelt and honest
with nouns and verbs and adjectives
and not too many commas
man, my life
has so much drama
I can't believe I'm in this haze
maybe it's just old age
but it's too hard to disengage
from you
blank page


No comments:

Post a Comment