Friday, January 19, 2018

It's a secret


So you're making a new album, I hear. Is that true, farmboy.

Shhh...don't tell anybody. It's a secret.

But you are recording, right?

Not yet. I'm in preproduction, deciding which songs, what kind of instrumentation, making lead sheets and demos, that kind of thing.

Is it fun, farmboy?

Most of it is...well, I'm not sure it's fun, really. It can be amazingly satisfying. It can be amazingly frustrating. Making lead sheets is just plain fuckin' work, you know? But it is good. It's part of who I was born to be.

Most of these songs are post-accident. They're more personal than they usually are, and I'm going to be more vulnerable. But, you know, it's not like I have this huge audience just chomping at the bit for my next masterpiece.

"Chomping at the bit."

I think it's a reference to some horse thing. But I could be wrong.

I'm very pleased with the way it's going, so far. I think this could be a really fine recording. It's going to be pretty simple, I think. Recording starts in March and most likely will end in March. It will be released by May 12, which is when the CD release is being held. I'm doing a dual album release with a friend of mine, and I think it's gonna be a really good time. 

Pretty exciting, farmboy.

Keep thinking those good thoughts, man. I need all the support I can get, believe me.


No comments:

Post a Comment