Monday, February 19, 2018

I did not eat the donut


today I did not eat the donut
today I did not smoke all my weed
today I am depriving myself
of all I emotionally need
today I did not drink the whiskey
today I did not buy a gun
today I entirely made damn well sure
I wouldn't have any fun

today I called my sponsor
today I took my meds
today I took all of the steps
to make sure I don't wake up dead
today I stayed hydrated
which meant all day I had to pee
man, what a pain in the fuckin' ass
it makes to take care of me

          I could do as I please
          but small victories
          are all that keep me alive
          I spend all day long
          on the right side of wrong
          the only way I'll survive
          (or so they tell me...)

today I intend to be mindful
today I intend to try hard
today I intend to open the door
and walk outside the front yard
today I did not eat the donut
I did not give in to my sorrow
today I did most all that I could
to face another tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment