Saturday, February 17, 2018

okay?


let me be okay, okay?
even if for just one day
I want to know how it feels to say
that I'm glad I'm living
every morning I awake
to a world where I'm a mistake
my mind won't step on the breaks 
and the road's so unforgiving

I don't know what to say, okay?
there's a million red lights in my way
most of them are ones I've made
just why I have to wonder
I'm driving off my hometown pier
I know I'm going to disappear
I'm not waving
I'm drowning here
three times and I'm under

          let me be okay
          tell me I'm okay
          I only want to be okay
          but I can't be okay

anyway, 
I'm still trying, okay?
sun comes up 
another day
to break out of this cage
and look out with my own eyes
let me be okay, okay?
even if for just one day
I only want to know how it feels to say
I'm glad I'm alive


No comments:

Post a Comment