Friday, May 11, 2018

liar and a thief


I didn't know any better
I believed every thought
you fed my weak mind
every word, every letter
you knew every way
life could leave me behind
I believed you
you deceived me
I would do anything
to make you leave me
I cannot give in to your beliefs
you don't know me
time has shown me
you're a liar and a thief

you have been my constant companion
since my first days
on this wild earth
you convinced me I was abandoned
you convinced me
I had no fucking worth
I believed you
like a damn fool
a monster who knew best
how to be cruel
you've caused only pain and grief
but I know I'm right now
I'm ready to fight now
you're a liar and a thief

there isn't one single reason
for you to be with me
for you to be standing here
get ready to change seasons
get ready for a change
get ready to disappear
I believed you
you deceived me
getting rid of you
it won't be easy
but I'm out from underneath
say so long now
you're gone now
you're a liar and a thief


No comments:

Post a Comment