Saturday, July 21, 2018

Everything is a trigger


So, man, I'm so sorry I've been out of touch. A lot has happened, but I don't really want to go into it. 

You don't have to get into it, farmboy. I understand. I just presume you're off writing. That's a good thing. Isolating yourself, not so great. But you know the difference...

Sooner or later...

You're a good learner. If nothing else, I'm sure of that. What's going on?

Like you said, I'm writing a lot. Doing a lot of writing on mandolin.

There's a little challenge.

It's good to write on an instrument you're not very good at. It frees me up, somehow, if there are some kind of limitations set up. And if you're struggling to play an A chord, like I am, that can be good.

I saw Ry Cooder a few nights ago. He's my favorite guitarist, and he was so fuckin' good. It's really wonderful to get out, the summer's been so nice. Which is not to say everything's perfect, far from it. I still have that depression stuff most of the time. Sometimes I feel like I can't stop and think because I'll eventually wind up thinking about something that will make me sad. Everything is a trigger.

I remember. Are you still see your therapist, farmboy?

Yeah. It's a fuckin' miracle, man. Health insurance is a problem, but I have it worked out for the most part. At least for right now.

My therapist is great. I have great people helping me on this journey since the accident.

And I have you, too. Thank for being so understanding, man. I owe you.


No comments:

Post a Comment