Sunday, July 8, 2018

guess 2


guess I wasn't ready
guess I didn't try
I thought that I was steady
but I guess somebody lied
guess I couldn't figure out
exactly what to do
guess I wasn't good enough for you

guess you couldn't find
what you wanted me to be
guess I didn't see the signs
you placed in front of me
guess I wasn't worth it
a puzzle with no clue
guess I wasn't good enough for you

          so here I go again
          pulling myself up again
          from the ashes
          yeah, it's one more time
          to the end of the line
          I guess I'll take my chances

guess you were another chance
for me to lose or win
well, I ain't going back
to losing again
I'll look for someone else
who knows to be true 
guess I wasn't good enough for you
guess I wasn't good enough for you


No comments:

Post a Comment