Sunday, August 26, 2018

Keeping the wheels greased


I don't know what I'm doing lately, man. I just don't feel like writing. I mean, I still write and shit, I wrote every fuckin' day. But, I don't know, it's not there right now. It's not really a writer's block; I just don't feel like writing.

So why don't you just take a little time off writing for a while, farmboy? I know you're also doing some other things in your life. I know you're practicing a lot more than usual.

Yeah, but I don't think it's too much to ask myself to do a little writing every day. It makes me feel accomplished, but more importantly, it makes it easier to write if you're practiced. It's like playing a musical instrument or physical therapy. It all culminates, you know.

What are your instincts telling you to do?

Oh, my instinct is to continue writing. The trick is, how do I get back to enjoying it again?

Do you have subjects to write about, farmboy? 

There are always subjects to write about, man. But there ain't nothing insisting to be written. I don't know. I know I do need to let it come naturally, I can't force it.

So just relax a little bit. You can always write a poem, a haiku...

I've been doing that a lot, actually. There's a lot of little writing I've been doing to make sure I continue. 

I think that's good, farmboy.  I think any writing you do is good.

Keeping the wheels greased.

That's one way to look at it.

I just gotta keep doing it without putting too much pressure on myself. I just need to relax, I think. Or maybe lower my standards.


No comments:

Post a Comment