Sunday, August 12, 2018

reading the news


I get ready
I take my time
in returning
to the scene of the crime
I've got all
I'm going to need
an adult beverage
organic weed
my guitar in case
I need to write the blues
don't try to stop me
I'm going in
I'm reading the news

every morning
I know what to say
what the fuck 
did he do today
hey hey
it's diabolic
it's so absurd
and somehow I'm
hanging on every word
don't bet on me
I'm not win or lose
say a prayer for me
don't ignore me
I'm reading the news

          is it such a crime
          that the New York Times
          holds such sweet allure
          I know it's frightening
          it's like greased lightning 
          so effortless and sure

ain't it magic
ain't it strange
when life is tragic
we refuse to change
I sit in comfort
inside my home
Ikea furniture
packed in styrofoam
I got my sources
of which I choose
don't try to stop me
I'm going in
I'm reading the news


No comments:

Post a Comment