Sunday, May 12, 2019

suicide hotline


I been walking down these crooked streets
looking for someone to meet
I've been searching everywhere
for quite a while
I don't worry, I don't fret
I haven't given up just yet
but I've got the suicide hotline
on speed dial

          just in case I get the blues
          the feeling I was born to lose
          all my hopeful dreams are in denial
          I spend my life unafraid
          of guns and pills and razor blades
          I've got the suicide hotline on speed dial

give me liberty or give me death
give me time to catch my breath
I ain't guilty
I ain't even on trial
I've seen luck, both good and bad
but when I think back on the life I've had
I need the suicide hotline
on speed dial

          just in case my luck runs out
          more bad news than I can count
          being positive has never been my style
          I spend my life with nothing left
          but drugs and booze and petty theft
          and the suicide hotline on speed dial

          

No comments:

Post a Comment