Saturday, October 12, 2019

let's go


I was standing on the corner
minding my own biz
when this dude comes up to me
"Hey, man, what is?"
I told him oh my baby left me
I'm feeling so blue
He looked me in the eyes and said
"me, too"
oh what are we gonna do
we gotta find a way to feel brand new
let's go

I was waiting on the sidewalk
on 24th and Main
when this girl walks up and says
"wanna play a game"
I said what you want
she said what you got
I've had all my shots
and there ain't nothing I've caught
oh what the hell should I do
I looked in her eyes of hazel blue
let's go

          let's go
          I'll follow you down
          let's go
          no reason to stick around

I was swimming in the river
when I heard the train whistle blow
I'm sure it was off
to somewhere I didn't know
so I got onto dry land
put on my shoes
figured out
I had nothing to lose
and I hopped that freight train
away from the blues
oh what am I gonna do
I'm going to see my sweet Bubbles LaRue
let's go


No comments:

Post a Comment