Friday, June 19, 2020

I threw a tantrum


I threw a tantrum
I didn't mean to
it came out of nowhere
or at least it seemed to
and there was yelling and screaming
and shaking my fists
with questions such as
"why do I exist
if I am going to be
treated like this this"
tell me why

I threw a tantrum
I was all by myself
cursing at God
getting no results
and the madder I got
the madder I became
and I went round and round
like some dumb children's game
knowing I'd pay the price
'cause I'm to blame
tell me why

          why am I throwing a tantrum like this
          just where is this getting me
          why am I throwing a tantrum like this
          what is it I can't see

I threw a tantrum
I couldn't take it no more
my memory's hurting
I can't open the door
but with some meditation
and a little Klonopin
I should be back
together again
until the next time
that it comes barging in
tell me why
tell me why

I threw a tantrum
there was nobody else
walking on eggshells
when I'm all by myself


No comments:

Post a Comment