Monday, May 31, 2021

I want to have a good time

 

I'm so tired of nothing happening. I feel like nothing ever changes, and that I'm the only one that goes through this. No matter what I do, no matter how hard I work, change never happens. No matter how much I play and write, it never gets any easier. Everyday I do this stuff -- I write, I play, I exercise, I try to eat correctly -- and everyday I get more frustrated.

Change can be very slow, farmboy. You'e in the process, that's why it feels like everything's taking so long. I know the work you do, and I know what you put into it...

My fuckin' heart and soul.

...your heart and soul. I know. You're a hard worker, and your heart is in the right place.

Tell me, farmboy, what exactly do you want from music?

Well, I want to have a good time. I want to enjoy the physical act of playing. I want to be part of a creative community, I want to have musical friends.

First off, farmboy, you have musical friends. You're coming off a pandemic, which means you've been isolated.

I was isolated before.

I know. Forget that. You need to unisolate yourself. Call up people. You can meet people now. Plan a day when one of your friends -- Ken, for instance -- comes over and you play music outside.

I know, I need to do that. Now that summer's approaching, there may be more opportunities to play music. I love the thought of playing music outdoors.

Sound like a plan?

I'm thinking about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment