Saturday, November 12, 2022

old man trouble


I do the same old thing
day after day
who's gonna do it
when I pass away
someone will have to
fill my shoes
while they sing that old
walkin' blues

          oh, Lord, 
          won't you set me free
          I've got old man trouble inside of me

I've lived a simple life
that's where I've been situated
how did everything get
so damn complicated
I know where I stand
I try my best
so why do I have
such little success

          oh, bad luck
          why can't you leave me be
          I've got old man trouble inside of me

          I've got no money in my pockets
          holes in both my shoes
          I always try to win
          so why then do I lose

I wake up every morning
wanting to stay in bed
take those old pillows
and put them over my head
let me fall back to sleep
away from the lion's den
and then you can wake me up
I'll start over again

          oh, Lord
          save me from this misery
          I've got old man trouble inside of me


No comments:

Post a Comment