Tuesday, November 29, 2022

stay in bed


the streets are paved in silver
the sky is cold and gray
the clouds are busy raining
and all I do is complain
I want sunshine and roses
to greet me when I wake
when I get up in winter
it's usually a mistake

          all I want is to stay in bed
          blankets to keep me warm   
          and pillows under my head

I need to turn on the heater
my apartment's getting cold
the warmth I felt in summer
has gotten way too old
autumn has forgotten me
and spring is far away
the nights have become longer
and I'm missing most of the day

          all I want is to stay in bed
          with the radio to listen to
          and books I've never read

you should come back and see me
like, seven months from now
I'll be feeling fine then
the sun will show me how
and then I will be happy
and, hopefully, safe and sound
maybe I'll even be ready
when next winter rolls around

          all I want is to stay in bed
          blankets to keep me warm
          and pillows under my head


No comments:

Post a Comment