Monday, December 5, 2022

in the long run (rewrite 1 of I don't matter)


so this is what happens
whenever I get sad
I have to hide my feelings
even though it hurts so bad
so I will look into your eyes
and smile to your face
and then I'll quickly run
the hell out of this place

          in the long run
          I am not someone
          who matters to you
          but I will not be
          the tragedy
          that you want me to

I cannot get angry
I must hold it all inside
I always move slowly
when fear is my guide
no amount of love
can ever be enough
so I'm crying uncle
it's time for giving up

          in the long run
          not much that I've done
          will matter to you
          but I will not see
          the history
          of what you put me through

maybe tomottow
I'll feel all right
but first I must
make it through tonight
you've hurt me so bad
I don't know what to do
except to ignore myself
and say nothing to you

          in the long run
          the wars that I have won
          they won't matter to you
          and now you see
          what you've done to me
          but there's nothing that you can do
          I will pull myself through


No comments:

Post a Comment