Tuesday, September 19, 2017

More storytelling...


Introduction:

song: Mockingbird

I just did what I was not supposed to do: make music

  • discouragement of music
  • self (mis)education of music
  • becoming a songwriter
I entered, and was not selected for the new folk competition. I was furious and, from that moment on, determined to get in the contest.
  • entering year after year
  • rejection year after year
  • entering and being selected to compete at Columbia River Folk Music Festival
  • invitation to play main stage at Kerrville
performance of "I Could be Great at Romance" (1 verse)

I worked everyday for my appearance in front of the Kerrville audience.
  • being on stage and performance
  • realization that I was being paid, etc, for performing songs that had previously been rejected.
Conclusion

What did I learn? That it's really fun to compete if you're the winner and that, ultimately, it really is only the song that matters.

But it is fun. And so is the feeling of victory and vindication.


No comments:

Post a Comment