Friday, March 2, 2018

Deshutes river song


when I die
and I will someday
my life will somehow
drift away
and hopefully I'll
go somewhere else
where I can kind of
stay myself
but if I don't 
may my soul be delivered
to the rocky banks
of the Deshutes River

shattered hearts
and working clothes
my whole life's
been made of those
but one fine day
I'll be released
and finally find
a heart at peace
this life's so cold
I can't help but shiver
but I don't feel alone
by the Deshutes River

           you know that old song
           "life is but a dream"
           when I no longer belong
           send my memory downstream
           
when I leave
this worldly home
and fade into
the great unknown
don't bury me
underground
sing me to sleep
with the water's sound 
and I will rise
as a true believer
as my spirit flies
over the Deshutes River


No comments:

Post a Comment