Saturday, March 24, 2018

yes in a world of no


I learned in catechism
that God was everywhere
so I looked under the sofa
but I didn't see nobody there
still I keep on the lookout
I search everywhere I go
just like I keep searching for
a yes in a world of no

when I was young the future spoke
in words of hopes and dreams
but one by one they came undone
and tumbled faithlessly
like falling stars in summer
with no sign saying "look out below"
still I kept an open heart
for a yes in a world of no

when I was in high school
I seriously wanted to learn
but learning wasn't a priority
as far as the school was concerned
I received my education
from the midnight radio
the only place where I could hear
a yes in a world of no


now I am an old man
my patience has been overworked
my body and soul are brittle and cold
truth be told, everything hurts
but like the fool I've always been
when it comes my time to go
I'll leave this world still searching
a yes in a world of no



No comments:

Post a Comment