Saturday, January 19, 2019

9/10


on september tenth
I went to work
like I usually do
cussing and moaning
each step of the way
trying to make it through
the rest of the day
till I feel okay
and when work is finally done
I sit at the computer
and smoke me a bowl
and look at the sloth I've become
but I wasn't afraid
no, I ain't afraid
I didn't pick sides
or place the blame
I was completely unaware
of what was to be
when I saw the buildings
on the TV

on september tenth
I drove back home
like I usually do
thinking of searching 
and looking and choosing
what music to listen to
and maybe tonight
I'll try to write
something that I can use
the one thing I don't do
is look at the world
through the eye of the nightly news
I didn't feel unsafe
no, I wasn't unsafe
I unthinkably looked
the other way
I was completely unaware
of what was to come
I was comfortable
I guess you could say
I was numb

on september tenth
I went to bed
like I usually do
it was so peaceful
I slept so sound
the entire night through
I don't remember my dreams
from that night, it seems
they went on their way
to wherever dreams go
how should I know
I awoke to a brand new day
and I had no idea
no one had any clue
but it felt like it was coming
straight at you
with what was to come
what was to be
when I saw the buildings
on the TV
when I saw the buildings
on the TV


No comments:

Post a Comment