Thursday, April 4, 2019

lessons I have learned


all I ever needed
is what I never had
and that's the reason why
I turned out so bad
when love is never given
love can't be returned
and that's just one of
the lessons I have learned

you can tell me your story
but don't expect me to talk
my life has been an earthquake
and you, an aftershock
you look forward to the game
but you always wind up burned
and that's just another
lesson I have learned

          all the problems I have faced
          add up to nothing new
          there is no way to replace
          the love I lost with you

everything I've waited for
is disappointing in the end
I look around
where did they go
my past and former friends
there is nothing in the future
as far as I'm concerned
just put it with the others
in the lessons I have learned


No comments:

Post a Comment