Sunday, November 3, 2019

only love remains


the winter is upon us
the leaves have stopped their falling
the salvation army's calling
on us to drop some change
of all those among us
you're the one who keeps me hoping
that I can leave my options open
and only love remains

summer is now history
the rain has turned to snow now
it's a damn good thing to know how
to put on coat and gloves
time is a strong mystery
it gives and it takes
good intentions and mistakes
all that remaIns is love

          please believe me
          you can free me
          with the warmth 
          of your restless heart
          please release me
          I need peace, the
          fires of mercy
          are lighting up the dark
          all that stays the same
          is that only love remains


No comments:

Post a Comment