Saturday, April 17, 2021

grateful


I am grateful/ for every second of peace/ that I have been given/ in my life/ I do not take for granted/ the moments/ when things go right/ when wrong decisions don't matter/ where the past can stay in place/ my words live dry leaves scatter/ and my dreams are not erased

I am grateful/ for the silence/ when my mind/ has nothing to say/ I do not take for granted/ how it feels/ when words go away/ when I can sit in sunshine/ and face the day ahead/ not feeling like I feel these days/ waking up in dread/ I need something else instead\

I am grateful/ when the cobwebs/ of my memory/ are put on hold/ I do not take for granted/ the lessons I've been told/ I'm looking at the future/ trying not to be scared/ knowing that whatever happens/ I'll still be caught unaware

I am grateful/ for every second of peace/ that I have been given/ in my life


No comments:

Post a Comment