Friday, September 24, 2021

map on the wall


there is a map on the wall
of the planet earth
it came from National Geographic
it shows me oceans
far-off lands
but the tale it tells is tragic
there are so many places
I'll never go
so many people
I'll never know
but I look at it everyday

there is a map on the wall
of the whole wide world
of countries I will never see
I look at it and think about
all that I have done without
the traveler I could be
going places 
without fear
breathing foreign atmospheres
I look at it everyday

there is a map on the wall
of the planet I call home
though a pinpoint is all I'll ever know
but I still dream and fantasize
what I can't see with my own eyes
about places I'll never go
but my mind is active
and I can see
their images reach out to me
I look at it everyday
as it calls me to obey
the map on the wall


No comments:

Post a Comment