Thursday, September 23, 2021

my hashpipe (rewrite one)


my hashpipe talks to me
whenever I'm alone
it shows its charming self to me
it tells me "come on home"
and I try not to obey it
and not let it rule my life
but eventually I come around
because it knows what's right
my hashpipe knows
my inner thoughts
thorny roses
and forget-me-nots
it's always fits my type
my hashpipe

my hashpipe is my weakness
but I consider it my friend
it knows how to comfort me
when my day is at an end
I know it ain't no big thing
and it won't get in my way
which is why I use it
every single goddamn day
my hashpipe knows
just who I am
stuck inside
this traffic jam
it lives up to the hype
my hashpipe

          I know I'm not addicted
          I can stop any time I choose
          but if I keep going
          I can't lose

my hashpipe is my best friend
it will not let me down
which is why I need it
whenever it's around
maybe I overuse it
but I can't help myself
I haven't found anything
that works quite as well
my hashpipe, it
can keep me sane
it's almost like
my middle name
calls me in the darkest night
my hashpipe
how I love
its guiding light
my hashpipe


No comments:

Post a Comment