Wednesday, September 22, 2021

my hashpipe


my hashpipe talks to me
whenever I'm alone
it shows its charming self to me
it tells me "come on home"
and I try not to obey it
try not to let it rule my life
but eventually I come around
because it knows what's right
my hashpipe knows
my inner thoughts
thorny roses
and forget-me-nots
it's always fits my type
my hashpipe

my hashpipe knows my secrets
I consider it my friend
it knows how to comfort me
when my day is at an end
I know it ain't no hard drug
that won't get in my way
which is why I use it
every single goddamn day
my hashpipe knows
just who I am
stuck inside
this traffic jam
it's always there in sight
my hashpipe

my hashpipe is my best friend
it will not let me down
it always helps me feel at peace
whenever it's around
maybe I overuse it
but I can't help myself
I haven't found anything
that works quite as well
my hashpipe, it
can keep me sane
it's almost like
my middle name
calls me in the darkest night
my hashpipe
how I love
its guiding light
my hashpipe


No comments:

Post a Comment