Tuesday, November 30, 2021

as your memory fades (rewrite 2)


you are disappearing
from my heart and mind
I tried to lose you long ago
but it took a little time
I never fit into
the plans you had made
you're leaving my mind
as your memory fades

in my imagination
I no longer picture you
all the time you were someone
I couldn't hold on to
I always knew I'd be the man
who would be betrayed
but it doesn't matter now
as your memory fades

          my mind's completely silent
          when I think about you now
          I'd remember all the good times
          but I don't know how

some mornings I wake up
by the alarm clock's call
I get up and start my day and
don't think of you at all
I'm smarter and I'm stronger
no longer afraid
of being alone 
as your memory fades
you're growing fainter
as your memory fades


No comments:

Post a Comment