Monday, November 22, 2021

move forward (rewrite 1)


I drink a cup of coffee 
and I begin my day
with no expectations
life goes on either way
I set upon this journey
not knowing what I'll find
I'm trying to move forward
but life keeps me behind

what can I tell you, darling,
life doesn't go as planned
one minute you're okay
then you don't understand
me, I try my best
but it's just not good enough
I'm trying to move forward
but the road ahead is rough

but still I keep on trying
that's all I know to do
looking for a hidden path
that I will know as true
some ways lead us to sorrow
while some are a surprise
I'm trying to move forward
but I can't believe my eyes

give me half a reason
to continue on this search
paradise or misery
I can't tell which is worse
there's tons of turns and tunnels
and hundreds of dead ends
I'm trying to move forward
and I'm pointed straight ahead


No comments:

Post a Comment