Sunday, October 2, 2022

local race


I didn't think I could do it
but I tried the best I could
I wanted to be the finest
in the old neighborhood
so when I came in first
I was completely surprised
I couldn't hold my laughter
and I couldn't believe my eyes

it was just a local race
with the runners on my street
I saw twenty or more
they were mine to defeat
but I don't care about winning
running makes me satisfied
and I find there's nothing better
than when I go outside

it was hard
I was sweating
through my t-shirt and my shorts
the sun was brightly shining
that's all I will report
as some point near the end
I needed to quench my thirst
that's when I finally noticed
I was coming in first

but that means nothing
even though it was great fun
it was never my intention
to come in at number one
and now I am the winner
thanks to my running shoes
it's good to finally find out
that I don't have to lose


No comments:

Post a Comment