Sunday, May 14, 2023

but I'll get it done


I've got a million chores to do
but I don't want to do them
everybody says my work ain't through
but I'm saying "screw them"
I do what I want
in my own time
the choices I make
are completely mine
I know my race is not run
but I'll get it done

I know that I've made mistakes
but I'm making up for lost time
I stand by every choice I make
and I'm making up my mind
to do the things
I need to do
bet I get finished
before you
I may be fighting for number one
but I'll get it done

          everything I ever do
          remains in my subconscious
          if it all ends before I'm through
          the speed will make me nauseous

if I don't finish up my work
it won't matter anyhow
I may seem like a jerk
but the precious time is now
I will work
I will succeed
a tiny success
is all I need
my future has not yet begun
but I'll get it done
      

No comments:

Post a Comment