Thursday, May 18, 2023

I miss the mystery


I miss the mystery of life
I miss the days full of wonder
that I had as a child
I miss the mystery of life
all those days of sunlight
where promises ran wild
the world had lots of questions
for an amatuer like me
my heart and mind and body
were natural at being free
there was so much to see
I miss the mystery

I miss being curious
I miss not knowing the answers
I was alive to learn
it makes me furious
the fact that I have grown into
waiting for my turn
I remember caterpillars
before they turned into butterflies
I remember the whitest snow
falling soft before my eyes
on top of great pine trees
I miss the mystery

          I remember golden days
          and star-filled summer nights
          dogs and cats and other people
          there before my sight

I miss being who I was
when I didn't know anything
but I wanted to find out
I ached to learn because
everything was a question
I didn't know what it was about
now the answer's at my fingertips
at the end of my hands
I now can know everything
but I'll never understand
the world and what it means to me
I miss the mystery


No comments:

Post a Comment