Friday, October 27, 2023

just another day


it's the day after my birthday
now it's just another day
a day with no good wishes
another day to waste away
but to me today is special
it's always darkest before dawn
today is living proof
that life continues to move on

today I will return
to eating normally
no more cake and corn chips
it's fruit and vegetables for me
no more time for sleeping late
there's work to be done
there's always so much to do
before the setting sun

it will be another year
until I can celebrate again
until all the days align
and another year comes in
364 days
to do just what I should
all for one special day
when I get to feeling good

it's the day after my birthday
and that's all right with me
it's just another day
with so much left to see
with so many happy moments
so much shuck 'n jive
it's the day after my birthday
I am glad to be alive


No comments:

Post a Comment