Thursday, August 23, 2012

My hands worked well


So California was pretty good, man. It was very stressful at times, you know, with the money situation and all the rehearsals that I did with people for the gigs. But it was good and I made some money and at least I'll be able to pay the rent for next month. By then I'll be back at work for another fuckin' school year.

Did you have any fun, farmboy? I'm presuming that you got to spend time with friends and family, as well as performing.

Yeah, it was great seeing everybody, Spent a lot of time with my stepmother and my friend Jim, who sang harmony with me at some of the shows. He's a great harmony singer, the best.

The performances went really good. I played and sang really well and didn't have hardly any problem with the fuckin' carpel tunnel stuff. For the most part, my hands worked well. I related to the audiences well and I sang well. Fuck, man, it feels so good to do concerts of my own songs, you know? Not that I mind playing for kids or at farmers' markets, but...

But writing songs is what you you do, farmboy. It makes sense that you would get more meaning playing and singing your own compositions.

Yeah, man. I need to do that more. I need to find a way to do that. Or ways, which is probably more accurate. 

So, anyway, it was a good trip, and it really means something to know that I've basically made my living this summer playing music. It's been busy, performing and recording and writing. 'Course, it's also been hard and stressful, too.

When do you back to work?

A week from today, that's when I go back to the fuckin' job. But I ain't thinking about that much right now, man. I got better things to think about, you know?



No comments:

Post a Comment