Friday, August 31, 2012

Summer, as we know it


So I guess summer, as we know it, is coming to an end, man. I'm back at the fuckin' job, the kids come back Wednesday, the days are beginning to be shorter, and I can smell autumn in this Pacific Northwest air. Fuck, man, summer's just too fuckin' short.

I'm in total agreement with you, farmboy. Now, which states have you lived in?

I lived in Austin, Texas and Ventura County down in Southern California.

The northwest is different from those places. It's a lot grayer and wetter, for one thing...

Actually, that's two things, but who's counting?

I mean, it's very mild here for the most part. But the winters here are more pronounced than Texas and California. It can get colder and darker.

Yeah, well, there's nothing I can do about it. I'll just have to live with it.

I sure wish there was another month or two of summer, though.




No comments:

Post a Comment