Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I reserve the right to call today a failure if I want to


So, let me tell you all about my day, man.

What is it, farmboy? Did something exciting happen?

In my life? Please, my life doesn't get the word "exciting" applied to it, ever.

Which is what I wanted to tell you about. Today was a very unexciting day. No highs, no lows, just the same old same old. Today nothing important has happened.

That you know of…

Whaddya mean, "that you know of"? That's fuckin' bullshit, man, I know whether my own life is important.

No you don't.

What the fuck, man? It's my fuckin' life!

Ooooh! Testy, are we?

I reserve the right to call today a failure if I want to.

Yes, but why would you?

What I'm saying, farmboy, is not to think today is unimportant. Do some little thing…go listen to one song. I mean, really listen to it. Right there, you've put that music in your own mind and you never know where that will lead. You won't know it, if you know it, until later, when there's some distance and perspective.

Yeah, yeah, I can understand that.

So you know what I'm saying?

Yeah, you think I should listen to a song.

Well…I said more than that…

Well, that's what I heard and that's what I'm gonna do.

What song?

I'm not sure. Any ideas?

You're the music guy.

Probably Buddy Holly, then. You can never go wrong with Buddy Holly.


No comments:

Post a Comment