Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Bored


I'm bored.

You're bored? It's a big world out there, farmboy, and it's full of adventure and excitement!

Yeah, well, I'm stuck here at my fuckin' job, just waiting for the day to be over.

That seems like a waste of time. That's a whole day that you could be putting to good use.

Yeah, but...I'm at work, you know?

True, but you have control over your own mind and thoughts.

You sound like you're David Foster Wallace or something.

You like David Foster Wallace, don't you?

I do, but it sounds like you've memorized his Kenyon commencement speech.

It's a good speech.

It's a great speech. I've listened to it several times.

And do you put it to use, farmboy?

I have, actually. 

So, anyway, what were we talking about?

I have no idea.

Man, I am so fuckin' bored...



No comments:

Post a Comment