Saturday, October 31, 2015

Saturday


Ah, Saturday! Time to take care of the many responsibilities a man like myself must face and conquer every day in order to survive in this dog-eat-dog world that we inhabit.

So you're washing clothes, I take it.

That's how I'm spending my Saturday, man. True love and life changes come and go, but there's always fuckin' laundry to do.

Welcome to real life, farmboy.

So much to fuckin' do, man. It astounds me how much shit you have to do just to live in this world.

It's called maintenance, farmboy. We all do it. Everyone brushes their teeth, eats, breathes. In a way, life is maintenance. That's what it's all about.

Well, that's certainly depressing. I was thinking about, oh, I don't know...writing a song, maybe? That's not maintenance

I think for you it is. That's one way you take care of yourself.

That's what I do, man. That's what comes naturally.

But wait a minute! If writing songs is maintenance, then that means I can stop washing clothes and doing chores and just write songs!

Not so fast, farmboy. Haven't you ever heard of multitasking?

I need all my concentration to write songs, man. That's my fuckin' process. You have to sacrifice for art, you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment