Thursday, October 8, 2015

My all-time favorite guitarist, Ry Cooder


Three day weekend, man. 

Columbus Day?

Fuck, no. It's got something to do with money and and shit but I don't have a fuckin' idea of what it is for sure. I think it's got something to do where it's an unpaid day for us, of course. But at this point I am in desperate need of a three day weekend, so I ain't questioning anything.

Hey, did I tell you about the concert I went to? 

No, farmboy. Who'd you go hear?

My all-time favorite guitarist, Ry Cooder. With Ricky Skaggs and his wife Sharon White. All three were just fuckin' amazing, man. Cooper...fuck, he's just fuckin' fearless. They did lots of harmonies with Cooder singing bass and doing a damn fine job of it. Skaggs was wonderful. I've loved his music for a long time. Sharon was also great and her harmonies were exquisite.

Exquisite. That's not a word I hear you use often.

It well may be the first time I've ever used it, I don't know.

You know, it's good to hear that you're going out and doing things. Especially going to hear live music.

Yeah, I don't do that too often. I need to start taking advantage of living in a city, doing stuff like that.

Maybe you'll do something this weekend?

We'll see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment